Flare is a new blockchain with the first new consensus protocol for external data. Decentralized applications on Flare can safely and trustlessly acquire and use information from other blockchains and real world data sources, solving the oracle problem and opening the door to a new era of utility, specifically: decentralized and insured multilateral bridging, cross chain relay and insured cross chain relay, Web2 to Web3 composability and a secure fully interoperable multichain solution.
The Flare Network is the first Turing complete Federated Byzantine Agreement (FBA) network. Nodes run the Avalanche consensus protocol with a key adaptation to the FBA consensus topology. Furthermore, the network leverages the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), enabling the network to run Turing complete smart contracts. FLR is the network’s native token.
It presents a technology stack that will enable:
- Scalable EVM-based smart contracts.
- Highly decentralized price feeds.
- Secure state acquisition from other blockchains.
- Superior bridging for smart contract and non-smart contract assets.
- Secured data relay.
- Horizontal scaling through a fully interoperable multi-chain ecosystem.
Flare (FLR) is the network token and will provide support for each of these functions:
- Incentivized delegation to the Flare Time Series Oracle (FTSO) to support the provision of reliable decentralized price data.
- Collateral within third party decentralized applications built on Flare blockchains (cross-chain or solely native).
- Participation within network governance.
- Transaction fees in order to prevent spam attacks.
- Network: Flare
- Token name: Flare
- Ticker: FLR
- Genesis supply: 100 Billion
- Decimals: 18
- Genesis date: 14th July 2022
- Anticipated Token Distribution Event (TDE): 9th January 2023
Below are the breakdown distribution of FLR:
Below are the detailed token distribution of FLR:
For more detailed information about FLR, please visit here.