Quant, a technology provider, delivers enterprise-grade interoperability for the secure exchange of information and digital assets across any network, platform, or protocol at scale. Quant aims to achieve universal interoperability between blockchains through its Overledger, a blockchain operating system.
Quant’s Overledger DLT Gateway is the world’s first enterprise DLT Gateway that complements and connects existing systems and DLTs, to drive innovative and efficient growth for companies, public entities, and regulatory bodies alike. Overledger allows developers to build decentralized multi-chain applications (known as MApps) for their customers.
$QNT is deployed on Ethereum and acts as the main token of the Quant ecosystem. For developers to build a Mapp on the network, they must hold a certain amount of $QNT. The cost of running the Gateways and performing read/write operations on Overledger also requires the use of the $QNT tokens.
Quant protocol consists of the following major components:
- Overledger Enterprise: Overledger Network is an open network connecting a range of public and commercial DLTs, breaking down DLT silos. This helps to make DLT technology more accessible for mainstream enterprise developers.
- Overledger Community Network: A cost-effective “DLT Native” network aimed at the wider DLT community. It runs alongside the Overledger Network and is fully hosted and managed by Quant. The Overledger Community Network is also a production testbed for new, innovative features.
- SeeQ: SeeQ is a distributed search engine that is able to search and retrieve data from multiple blockchains (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and more.). SeeQ is available to Overledger customers as an optional module and is integrated with Overledger.
- Gateway Operators: Users may operate a gateway to provide access to resources (e.g. Distributed Ledger, Data, APIs). Gateway operators may set the price and terms of the service of their gateways.
Gilbert Verdian and Paolo Tasca co-founded Quant network.
- Gilbert Verdian has over 20 years of industry experience in upgrading the security, technology and business strategies of businesses around the globe in order to achieve tangible results. Prior to the Quant Network, Verdian served as the chief information security officer (CISO) of Vocalink, a Mastercard card company, the chief information officer of NSW Ambulance, the CISO of eHealth NSW, and the security lead of the Ministry of Justice, UK.
- Dr. Paolo Tasca, is an entrepreneur, and digital economist who specializes in distributed systems. Dr. Tasca has served as the special advisor on blockchain technologies for the EU Parliament, the United Nations, and numerous central banks worldwide. He is also the co-author of several books on fintech and is the co-founder and governing board chair of the Retail Blockchain Consortium.
Current known investors of Quant include A195 Capital, Alpha Sigma Capital, DeltaHub Capital, Master Ventures, MiH Ventures, etc.