QuarkChain focuses on high throughput transactions and Turing complete smart contracts by combining a two-layer blockchain and sharding technology on top of the Ethereum Virtual Machine. QuarkChain aims to build a high throughput blockchain targeting 10,000 transactions per second. To accomplish this the team is building a multi-layer blockchain that leverages sharding. It runs using the Ethereum Virtual Machine and like Ethereum targets general purpose smart contract applications. Currently, the project uses a placeholder ERC-20 token and will complete a token swap during a planned mainnet launch in late 2019.
- Reshardable two-layered blockchain
- Guaranteed security by market-driven collaborative mining
- Anti-centralized horizontal scalability
- Efficient cross-shard transactions
- Simple account management
- Turing-complete smart contract platform
The QuarkChain Network aims to move blockchain into the next generation by increasing the current TPS capacity several-thousand fold of what it is now, to a projected about 100 000 TPS. The network being built is project to be free of congestion, making it affordable for all usage scenarios that demand speed and volume.