Base, the Layer2 network launched by Coinbase and built on OP Stack, released an article to explain its roadmap towards mainnet launch. Meanwhile, Base reiterated that it has no plan to issue a network token. When Coinbase announced the testnet launch of Base in February, the exchange had already said that there wouldn't be a new token for the network.
According to Base, there're five criteria that it needs to complete before mainnet launch, which are:
- Successful Regolith hardfork completed in testnet (completed)
- Successful infrastructure review with OP Labs team (completed)
- Optimism's Successful upgrade of Bedrock
- Successful completion of internal and external audits with no critical severity issues
- Demonstrated testnet stability
The first two criteria have been reached. In addition, Base will start a Genesis Window time following the mainnet launch for developers to deploy their DApps on the mainnet.
TokenInsight is dedicated to covering the most important and cutting-edge trends in the world of crypto. If you have information to share with us, please feel free to contact our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your trust will be well respected.