BitDAO's MIP-22 proposal has been successfully passed, with approximately 170 million $BIT tokens voting in favor and 655 BIT tokens voting against.
With the passing of MIP-22, the following actions will be taken:
- The Mantle token, $MNT, shall incorporate functions analogous to the “Upgradability” and “Mint” functions of $ARB and $OP.
- The one-way token conversion ratio shall be set at 1 $BIT token to 1 $MNT token.
- The Mantle core contributor team shall be authorized to determine the optimal timing and sequence for the delisting of $BIT tokens, listing of $MNT tokens, opening of conversion channels, and the Mantle Network Mainnet.
- A DEX liquidity pool for $MNT-ETH may be created, utilizing the proceeds from the deconstructed $BIT-ETH pool.
- A temporary conversion treasury may be established to provide support for the token creation and conversion process.
In May, BitDAO approved the proposal BIP-21 to unify BitDAO and Mantle. While governance processes and treasury management will remain unchanged, BIT holders will undergo a token conversion process for the new Mantle token. Mantle is an Optimistic Rollup developed by BitDAO.
TokenInsight is dedicated to covering the most important and cutting-edge trends in the world of crypto. If you have information to share with us, please feel free to contact our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your trust will be well respected.