The Open Campus Protocol is a decentralized solution for educators, content creators, parents, students, and co-publishers. By decentralizing the creation and distribution of educational content, the Open Campus Protocol empowers students to access more diverse educational content while providing educators with new opportunities to earn revenue and gain recognition for their contributions.
The Open Campus ecosystem works as follows.
- Content creators or creator collectives generate educational content.
- Content creator pays $EDU tokens to have their content reviewed.
- Once the peer reviewers approve the content, the content creator can pay to mint their content into a Publisher NFT.
- The creators can then sell Publisher NFTs on the marketplace to receive the proceeds minus the marketplace fees (which go to the EDU foundation treasury). These Publisher NFTs are bought by the buyers (or co-publishers).
- Co-publishers are (solely) responsible for promoting the content.
- Learners can sign up for the platform, purchase courses, and receive certification once they complete the course.
- Co-publishers, content creators, the education platform, and the EDU Foundation treasury share the revenue from Publisher NFTs.
- Open Campus's official website has not yet revealed any information about the team or investors.
For more information about Open Campus, click here: What is Open Campus?
$EDU is a BEP-20 token that Open Campus will deploy on the BNB Chain. Current use cases for $EDU include rewarding content creators and co-publishers for revenue share, minting educational content as an NFT, paying for access to Open Campus partner education platforms, and voting rights in $EDU governance.
The total fixed supply of $EDU is 1,000,000,000. Institutional holders (strategic sale, team, advisors, and operational expenses) will receive 42.5% of the total token allocation. Other participants (ecosystem, early contributors, liquidity, treasury and Binance Launchpad) will receive 57.5% of the total token supply.
$EDU tokens will be distributed over a minimum of 5 years, with 14.5% of the supply released at TGE.
- Liquidity operations receive a 10% allocation of the total $EDU token supply. At the TGE, 50% of this allocation will be unlocked, and the remaining will be released linearly over 1 year. The EDU Foundation treasury and operational expenses will provide any additional liquidity required.
- 25% will be allocated to the ecosystem fund. This allocation will be unlocked with 5% released at TGE, and the remaining released linearly over 4 years to support the ongoing development and growth of the Open Campus Protocol.
- 10% will be allocated to the treasury, with 5% unlocked at TGE. The remaining allocation is locked for 1 year and is then released linearly over 2 years.
- 7.5% will be allocated to early contributors. 10% of the token allocation will be unlocked at TGE, and the remainder will be released linearly over 6 months.
- 28.5% will be allocated to the Strategic sale and advisors. These allocations will be locked for 1.5 years after TGE and released linearly over 2.5 years.
- 5% will be allocated for public sale via Binance's Launchpad, with these tokens being unlocked at TGE.
- 4% will be allocated to the operational expenses. 50% of the allocation will be unlocked at TGE. The remaining token allocation will be unlocked linearly over 4 years.
- 10% will be allocated to the team, locked for 2 years, and released linearly over 3 years.
$EDU Token Sale Details
Token Sale URL: Binance Launchpad
Tutorial: Launchpad FAQ