Crypto Daily Digest - August 17th
On August 17th, The EOSIO blockchain has officially rebranded to Antelope. Liquidity staking protocol Stader NearX's smart contract was attacked. Gnosis Chain's merge testnet Chiado successfully merged. Celsius gets cash-injection offers, approval to sell mined Bitcoin. Shima Capital launches a $200 million Web3 venture fund backed by Dragonfly and others.
- The EOSIO blockchain protocol has officially rebranded to Antelope. Source
- Liquidity staking protocol Stader NearX's smart contract was attacked. Source
- Stader releases report on NearX incident. Source
- Gnosis Chain's merge testnet Chiado successfully merged. Source
- MakerDAO launches Canonical DAI between Arbitrum Nova and Ethereum. Source
- Acala: a total of 3.022b $aUSD error mints claimed by 16 addresses. Source
- Data: $EOS price increased 30.05% over last 24 hours. Source
- SlowMist: Nearly 75% of Ethereum money laundering funds sent to Tornado Cash in H1. Source
- SlowMist: June 24 release of Slope wallet sent private key or mnemonic phrases to Sentry's service. Source
- NEAR suspends plans to transform wallet.near.org into a multi-wallet portal. Source
- Decentralized derivatives exchange Mycelium launches Mycelium Perpetual Swaps. Source
- Crypto custodian BitGo announces upcoming launch of $SOL staking product. Source
- Coinbase faces new class suit over unauthorized asset transfers. Source
- Router Protocol is integrating with Kava Network. Source
- Acala community releases expedited referendum proposal to shorten normal referendum voting period from 5 days to 1 day. Source
- CertiK Alert: Security team Rug Pull Finder Discord has been attacked. Source
- Manta Network co-founder: Tornado Cash ban could spell disaster for other privacy protocols. Source
- zkSync will introduce Dynamic Fees. Source
- Chainalysis: Crypto crime falls 15% along with bear market. Source
- Cross-chain bridge between Cosmos and Harmony went Live on testnet. Source
- STEPN's multichain DEX DOOAR launches front end. Source
- Unifi Protocol is building a new blockchain called Stablechain which uses stablecoins to pay gas fees. Source
- Injective launches wrapped private version of $INJ called Secret INJ (sINJ). Source
- Binance: withdrawals temporarily closed was due to a third-party technical provider issue, which has already been resolved. Source
- StarkNet-based lending protocol Nostra launches a $5M ecosystem fund. Source
- Genesis CEO Michael Moro steps down from role. Source
- Data: Total market contracts liquidated about $42.90 million in 12 hours. Source
- Bankrupt crypto lender Celsius gets cash-injection offers, approval to sell mined Bitcoin. Source
Policy & Regulation
- EU lawmakers seek to cap banks’ Bitcoin holdings. Source
- BitConnect founder wanted by Indian police. Source
- U.S. Senator: Regulators improperly push banks to avoid serving crypto companies. Source
- Crypto.com registered with UK financial regulator. Source
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #5383 sold for 777 $ETH. Source
- NFT analytics firm Zash partners with Binance. Source
- Shima Capital launches a $200 million Web3 venture fund backed by Dragonfly and others. Source
- CoinFund launches $300 million early-stage Web3 venture fund CoinFund Ventures I. Source
- Web3 technology services company Copperpod Digital has closed a $10 million funding round with participation from KFC Ventures. Source
- Animoca Brands completes acquisition of digital marketing agency Be Media. Source
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.