Crypto Daily Digest - August 30th
On August 30th, Aave's new proposal suggests pausing $ETH borrowing before the Ethereum Merge. Nexo commits additional $50 million to $NEXO buyback initiative. Cross-chain interoperability network Axelar will release $AXL in a few weeks. Magic Eden launches Bear Market in collaboration with Okay Bears. Temasek will lead $100 million funding for Animoca Brands.
Ethereum mainnet Merge countdown: 16 days until the expected date (September 15th).
- Aave's new proposal suggests pausing $ETH borrowing before the Ethereum Merge. Source
- Optimism ecosystem perpetual swap exchange Pika Protocol announced the $OP distribution plan. Source
- OptiFi: 661,000 $USDC was locked by mistake, and the compensation will be made on September 2nd. Source
- PeckShieldAlert: ethfork2[.] com is a phishing site. Source
- Apollo DAO will launch a liquid staking solution for Cosmos. Source
- Law firm Roche Freeman received over 4 million $AVAX from Ava Labs, Crypto Leaks claims. Source
- Loop Finance launches its DEX aggregator. Source
- Nomad has partnered with Chainalysis team to track hackers. Source
- Cross-chain interoperability network Axelar will release $AXL in a few weeks. Source
- Ethereum Layer2 scaling solution Myria goes live and launches Myria Wallet and NFT marketplace. Source
- Boba Network announces engineering roadmap 2022-2023. Source
- Crypto custody firm Fireblocks launches support for Solana via Web3 Engine. Source
Metaverse & NFTs
- Magic Eden launches Bear Market in collaboration with Okay Bears. Source
- PeckShieldAlert: blockchain game HeroCat's token $HCK has dropped 94%. Source
- Meta allows posting NFTs on Facebook and Instagram. Source
- Trust Wallet integrates with Solana NFTs. Source
- Nexo commits additional $50 million to $NEXO buyback initiative. Source
- Founder of Turkish crypto exchange Thodex arrested in Albania. Source
- Elon Musk sent a second letter calling off the $44 billion acquisition of Twitter. Source
- Binance Australia ramping up measures to protect vulnerable users. Source
- FTX will support the Arbitrum network upgrade. Source
- Data: 7,507 $BTC has been taken off exchanges in last 7 days. Source
- Coinbase will list $OOKI. Source
- Robinhood will pause withdrawals for tokens including $ETH during Ethereum Merge. Source
Policy & Regulation
- Russian Prime Minister: It is necessary to adopt digital assets as a "safe alternative" to cross-border payments. Source
- Hodlnaut placed under Interim Judicial Management by Singapore court. Source
- DeFi oracle platform RedStone closed a $7 million seed round with participation from Coinbase Ventures and others. Source
- Seven Seven Six, a venture capital firm led by Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, is raising a $177.6 million crypto investment fund Kryptós. Source
- Temasek will lead $100 million funding for crypto landlord Animoca. Source
- Web3 Game Developer Xterio raises $40M co-led by FTX Ventures and others. Source
- Solana-based automation network Clockwork raises $4M in seed round co-led by Multicoin Capital and Asymmetric. Source
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.