Crypto Daily Digest - May 12th
On May 12th, $LUNA circulation supply added over 30 billion pieces. The $LUNA price fell all the way down, once below $0.004. Binance has delisted $LUNA Coin-Margined and $LUNA USDT-Margined contract. The US SEC may have started investigating the $UST incident. $USDT experienced a brief and severe unpegging, reaching as low as $0.9508. Tether Treasury destroyed $3 billion of $USDT. Bitcoin was recognized as legal virtual property by the Shanghai High Court in a case.
- Curve daily volume reaches new high. Source
- Data: $LUNA circulating supply adds over 30 billion today. Source
- Tether will coordinate with a 3rd party to perform a chain swap. Source
- Binance Futures delisted $LUNA USDT-margined contract. Source
- Binance will delist coin-margined $LUNA perpetual contracts. Source
- Terraform Labs proposed to burn around 1.39b $UST as emergency action. Source
- Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino tweeted that Tether is processing redemptions normally. Source
- Australia's first Cryptocurrency ETF begin trading today. Source
- Sushi 2.0 community proposal passed the vote with 91.78% support. Source
- Osmosis releases proposal to reduce incentives to $UST and $LUNA. Source
- Lido Finance indicates stETH and Curve Pool are safe. Source
- The Block's research director said the only way out of Terra's mess is to temporarily give up on $UST. Source
- Bancor V3 live with single-sided Staking and Instant Impermanent Loss Protection. Source
- Ribbon Finance partners with Porter Finance to offer fixed-rate collateral type bonds to protocols. Source
- BlackRock and Citadel deny trading cratering stablecoin. Source
- Several crypto firms such as Dragonfly Capital have announced that they do not hold $UST and $LUNA. Source
Policy & Regulation
- Bitcoin recognized as legal virtual property by Shanghai High Court in a case. Source
- Chile's Central Bank postpones its CBDC plans. Source
- SEC may have started investigation into $UST incident. Source
- President Bukele shows plans of proposed ambitious Bitcoin city. Source
- EU commission favors ban on large-scale stablecoins. Source
- Nubank, Brazil's largest digital bank, launches Bitcoin and Ethereum trading. Source
- Axie Infinity: Origin for Android is live on Android mobile devices. Source
- STEPN plans to launch a Sneaker rental feature in the next few months. Source
- Yuga Labs metaverse project Otherside shows game clip. Source
- Azuki Founder will transfer the remaining three NFT projects proceeds and private keys to the community and focus on running Azuki. Source
- OpenSea updates account verification and copymint prevention systems. Source
- Aurora launches $90 million developer fund to boost DeFi on NEAR Protocol. Source
- Oasis Pro Inc. closed $27 million Series A round with participation from UDHC and others. Source
- 6th Man Ventures is raising $145 million for a second crypto fund. Source
- Cryptocurrency startup BVNK closes $40 million Series A funding round led by Tiger Global. Source
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.