Crypto Daily Digest - May 17th
On May 17th, Polygon launches Layer 2 Rollup solution Nightfall mainnet Beta. Elon Musk said the deal can't move forward unless Twitter proves fake accounts are less than 5%. Linktree partners with OpenSea to launch a new NFT feature, NFT Gallery, allowing users to showcase their NFTs on their Linktree. Binance Labs announced a $6 million strategic investment in Zecrey, a Layer 2 cross-chain protocol.
- Do Kwon proposes forking Terra chain into Terra Classic and a new chain without algorithmic stablecoin. Source
- Twitter commits to completing the transaction with Musk at the agreed price. Source
- Elon Musk said the deal can't move forward unless Twitter proves fake accounts are less than 5%. Source
- Aurora launched Aurora+ platform with Aurobots NFT to airdrop. Source
- $ALG on BNB Chain appeared rug pull. Source
- VeChain Foundation will provide funding to VeChain migrated Terra developers. Source
- Data: number of non-zero addresses holding $ETH reached an ATH of 80,804,145. Source
- MakerDAO: Curve 3pool and other factors reduced Dai supply by 2.2 billion over the past two weeks, but Dai peg is safe. Source
- The multi-chain DeFi protocol FEG has been attacked again, losing about $1.9 million. Source
- The proposals to deploy Uniswap v3 on the Gnosis and Moonbeam chains are now open for voting. Source
- It is now possible to claim vested $COW tokens for everyone who locked their $GNO. Source
- Polygon is launching ZK-proof protocol Polygon Nightfall on mainnet in partnership with EY. Source
- Ribbon Finance proposed to issue $3m of bonds through Porter Finance. Source
- BitMEX launches spot exchange BitMEX Spot. Source
- yearn.finance already bought back 755 $YFI for $19m. Source
- ConsenSys will launch decentralized customer service platform VillageDAO in partnership with LivePerson. Source
- Brazilian Stock Exchange B3 will launch Bitcoin Futures within six months. Source
- Solana ecosystem DeFi protocol Ratio Finance mainnet is now live. Source
- Gelato Network launches Gelato Relay, a multi-chain trading API. Source
- Terra Land will be migrating to the Ethereum blockchain and users will be able to claim new $TLAND tokens based on a snapshot. Source
- Across Protocol, the Ethereum cross-chain bridge, will begin its V2 liquidity migration on May 23. Source
- Clearpool will launch V2 with multi-chain support on May 19, and users will need to migrate their liquidity to V2. Source
Policy & Regulation
- U.S. Government says IT workers from North Korea are working in Crypto on a large scale. Source
- US Congress Research Agency weighs in on $UST crash. Source
- South Korea's financial regulatory authority has asked exchanges to provide data related to the number of Terra investors. Source
- South Korea lawmaker wants Do Kwon to attend parliamentary hearing. Source
- LimeWire to open its collectibles marketplace to Universal Music Group artists. Source
- Digital identity management provider Linktree partners with OpenSea to launch NFT Gallery. Source
- Binance Labs has announced a $6 million strategic investment in Zecrey, a Layer 2 cross-chain protocol. Source
- Encode Club, a Web3 education community, has closed a $5 million seed round with participation from Dragonfly Ventures and others. Source
- Content marketing company Gusto Collective announced that it raised $11m in seed round co-led by Animoca Brands and others. Source
- Oasis announced an additional investment of $35 million, bringing its total ecosystem development fund to $235 million. Source
- Web3 treasury management infrastructure Coinshift closed $15 million Series A funding round led by Tiger Global. Source
- Web3 social graph protocol CyberConnect announced that it raised $15m in Series A co-led by Animoca Brands and others. Source
- Crypto tax company TaxBit gets strategic investment from Haun Ventures. Source
- Smart contract security firm Certora raised $36 million in a Series B round led by Jump Crypto. Source
- Fortis Digital Ventures launches a new $100 million crypto fund. Source
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.