Crypto Daily Digest - May 18th
On May 18th, Aave's social media project Lens Protocol has gone live on Polygon. The Terra Builder Alliance launched a united proposal for the vision of the new Terra 2.0 chain. Optimism launches Optimism Foundation with focus shifting to Citizens' House next. a16z has launched a $600 million fund dedicated to gaming startups.
- Aave's social media project Lens Protocol has gone live on Polygon. Source
- Upbit releases MetaMask signature anti-phishing precautions. Source
- The Terra Builder Alliance launched a united proposal for the vision of the new Terra 2.0 chain. Source
- Microsoft warns of cryware info-stealing malware targeting crypto wallets. Source
- Korean investors of $Luna and $UST plan to petition court to seize Do Kwon's property. Source
- Korean law firm LKB & Partners to sue Terra founder Do Kwon. Source
- $LUNC on BNB Chain suspected to be a honeypot. Source
- Argo Blockchain Q1 net income plunges 90% to $2.1 million. Source
- Terraform Labs' legal team resigns after UST collapse. Source
- Robinhood is launching DeFi wallet to rival metamask. Source
- Ledger is adding browser extension to connect hardware wallets to Web3 Apps. Source
- Optimism launches Optimism Foundation with focus shifting to Citizens' House next. Source
- Binance will perform wallet maintenance for multiple networks on May 19. Source
- NEAR community proposes to reduce the gas floor price on the NEAR network. Source
- Enterprise-grade liquid staking protocol Alluvial backed by Coinbase Cloud and Figment. Source
- THORChain calls Terra liquidity providers to remove liquidity before fork. Source
- Fireblocks launches Web3 engine to offer developers a suite of tools. Source
- Gitcoin will deploy on Fantom mainnet with grants program delayed. Source
- Chiliz Scoville testnet phase 2 is now live. Source
- Chain Game Gala Games will suspend access to the platform for Korean IPs. Source
- Nansen acquires DeFi investment tracker Ape Board for undisclosed eight-figure sum. Source
- Cosmos founder's new project Gno Land will have an airdrop snapshot on May 20. Source
- Coinbase is partnering with ENS allowing people to claim ENS id within Coinbase Wallet. Source
Policy & Regulation
- At least 8 Canadian politicians now own Bitcoin and crypto. Source
- Dubai Future Museum to launch NFT collection in partnership with Binance NFT. Source
- Everipedia team purchases BAYC #9965 through the community's BrainDAO. Source
- American Actor SethGreen's NFTs Were Hacked. Source
- ApeCoin migration draws interest from Avalanche, Flow. Source
- PeckShieldAlert tweeted that several NFT Discord channels, including Moonbirds, RTFKT and PROOF, have been compromised. Source
- Getty images to launch NFTs through Candy Digital. Source
- Gaming short video platform FreshCut closed $15 million round led by Animoca Brands and others. Source
- a16z has launched a $600 million fund dedicated to gaming startups. Source
- Fanhouse, a content creation platform, has closed a $20 million Series A round of funding led by a16z. Source
- Web3 Media Company Tally Labs raised $12m in seed round led by a16z. Source
- Hackathon organizer DoraHacks raised $20m in a funding round co-led by FTX Ventures and Liberty City Ventures. Source
- Web3 accelerator Seed Club closed $15 million funding round with participation from Multicoin Capital and others. Source
- BitKeep, a Web3 crypto wallet, closed a $15 million Series A round at a $100 million valuation led by Dragonfly Capital. Source
- QuestBook raised $8.3m in Series A with participation from likes of Coinbase Ventures and Alameda Research. Source
- Algoracle, a network of decentralized prophecy machines, closes $1.5 million in funding led by Borderless Capital. Source
- UBet, a decentralized sports prediction market, raises $2.7m capital. Source
- Crypto management firm Ikigai raises $30 million for web3-focused venture fund. Source
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.