What Happened on May. 11th | Upcoming Projects on Cosmos
1) Native $USDC: Native USDC will finally come to Cosmos via @noble_xyz. Stablecoins are crypto's killer app and fuel the majority of all on-chain activity. Native $USDC will be issued on Noble chain and flow around the Cosmos using IBC.
2) dYdX v4 launch on Cosmos as a app-chain. As one of the most successful DEX, dYdX will bring a lot of new users and liquidity to the Cosmos, and could act as an example for others who may want to build out customized app-chain in Cosmos.
3) Neutron Launch: Neutron is the first generalized, permissionless, cosmwasm smart contract chain secured by the Cosmos Hub. (i.e. $ATOM). The project is built by @P2Pvalidator team, who are founders and core contributors to Lido Finance.
4) Sei Launch: Sei is also a permissionless smart contract chain, but unlike Neutron, it will have its own validators instead of using $ATOM as security. Sei aims to be the fastest Layer 1 , competing with likes of Aptos and Sui.
5) Metamask snaps: Cosmos users now need to use Cosmos specific wallets. Some Cosmos contributors are now working on a function called Metamask snaps which will allow users to sign Cosmos transactions with their Metamask wallets. This will dramatically lower the entry barrier for Cosmos new users.
Biggest Gainers & Losers
BisoSwap - AMM Marketplace for BRC-20
US IRS Files $44B Claims against FTX and Its Subsidiaries: The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) filed 45 claims worth $44 billion against bankrupt FTX and its subsidiaries on April 27th and 28th, Kroll's website shows, which is FTX's claims agent.
Hot projects on the market
OmniBOLT to support BRC20 Token on the Lightning Network
Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal hints at possible airdrop for Polygon zkEVM
Uniswap is considering turning on the Fee Switch
Other news in case you missed it:
New York State Introduces Bill Allowing Stablecoins for Bail Payments
PayPal Holds Nearly $1B of Crypto Assets on Balance Sheet
ETH Supply Will Soon Reach the 120m Supply Limit Once Proposed By Vitalik in 2018
Perpetuals Protocol Rage Trade Receives Investment from OKX Ventures
NFT Subscription Platform MintStars Closes $600,000 Funding Round Led by Polygon Labs and SpankChain
Web3 Crowdfunding Platform Artizen Closes $2.2 Million Funding Round with Animoca Brands Involved
Policy and Regulation