What Happened on May. 19th | Worldcoin & AI & Universal Basic Income
The Worldcoin protocol is intended to be the world's largest identity and financial network, open to everyone. Worldcoin consists of three main parts:
- World ID: a privacy-preserving digital identity to prove an individual's unique personhood.
- Worldcoin token: a utility and governance token. The token will be distributed freely to everyone.
- World App: an app that enables payment, purchases and transfers using worldcoin tokens, digital assets, and traditional currencies.
How to get a World ID?
- Download the World App from App Store or Google Play in countries where it is available
- Find a local Worldcoin Operators who can verify your unique personhood
- Receive World ID in the World App.
The World ID is powered by zero-knowledge proof to ensure privacy. The uniqueness of a person is verified through a biometric device, Orb. That means scanning your iris.
Anyone who has verified their uniqueness via an Orb will receive their Worldcoin tokens when the Worldcoin mainnet goes live. The launch is expected to take place before end of June.
Biggest Gainers & Losers
Ledger Face Public Relations Mess as the Company Say Private Key can Leave the Device: The company deleted a tweet that said the wallet's firmware "facilitates key extraction" after it was perceived as contradictory to the purpose of a hard wallet.
Hot projects on the market
OKX to Enable Withdrawals to zkSync Era Network
Bitcoin NFT Marketplace DIBA Goes Live
Osmosis, Axelar and Akash Introduce Mesh Security Model Lets Chains Secure Each Other
ParaSpace Team's "Infighting" May Resolve; Co-founder Jay Yao Resigns
Worldcoin to Roll out Measures to Combat Illegitimate Purchase of Credentials
Other news in case you missed it:
Investor Falling into Series Scam of fake exchange customer services, wallet customer services, and lawyers
Wormhole Launches $50M Cross-chain Ecosystem Fund
HashKey Group Plans to Raise $100M to $200M at over $1B Valuation