2020 Crypto Wallet Industry Report
As the mainstream digital asset surges in 2020, cryptocurrency wallet industry’s users increase times compared to last years. Meanwhile the scale of asset management increase as well. The report gives short analysis about the market popularity, functionalities and security analysis about both soft and hard crypto wallets. At the same time, the report includes the industry voices from four major crypto wallets: Math Wallet, Bixin Wallet, AToken Wallet and Kcash Wallet.
1. Wallets are the portals for crypto-asset storage. Its market activity is closely related to the performance of the cryptocurrency market. Since the arrival of the bull market in the fourth quarter of 2020, the activity of the crypto market and the price of Bitcoin have reached all-new-highs. The wallet market has also recovered due to the strong demand for asset storage and trading.
2. Among the top 10 crypto wallets data collected by TokenInsight, the total number of visits in 2020 reached 140 million times. In the second half of 2020, the number of visits increased by as much as 32%, from 22 million in July to nearly 30 million in December.
3. As the visit volume portal of users, the wallets industry keep enriching the diversity of the public chains. The connective ecosystem has gradually been built. The average number of supported chains increased from 10 in 2019 to 25 in late 2020.
4. The crypto wallets industry also follows the step of DeFi, supporting rich of DeFi protocols in late 2020. For instance, Cash supported Uniswap protocol and Bitpay integrated DAI’s payments methods.
5. The financial sectors are maturing in wallets market as well. It is a part of the direction of the future wallet market. AToken established its Aave’s synthetic products and Poolin launched its integrated yielding products.
6. DApp connections through ‘Wallet Connect’ became a trend in the wallet market.
7. Staking of PoS in wallet markets shows slowing-down trend compared to 2019.
The full report (English version) will be available to download soon. Follow our Twitter to get notified at the first time.
The news, articles, reports or other information we provide are based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The news/articles/reports or other information had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of news/articles/reports or other information we provide to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
We adhere to high standards and values of reporting news, and we do our best to be objective and unbiased at all times.
TokenInsight takes its due diligence to ensure news/articles/reports or other information we provide a true and fair view without potential influences of any third party. There is no association between TokenInsight and the subject referred in the contents which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the reporting.
Trading and investing in digital assets (cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should be fully aware of the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight.