2020 December Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract Research Report
In 2020, The transaction volume of cryptocurrency derivatives market continues to grow.The Q3 cryptocurrency derivatives market will have a transaction volume of $2.7 trillion, of which perpetual contracts account for 80.01%.This Research Report conducts an in-depth analysis of the product design and profit-loss relationship of Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract. At the same time, the report compares the product elements and trading services of main cryptocurrency exchanges in the market.TokenInsight research team believes that cryptocurrency derivatives will become the main growth point of the cryptocurrency market in the future.
- The transaction volume of the cryptocurrency derivatives market continues to grow this year. According to TokenInsight's《2020 Q3 Cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange Industry Report》, the transaction scale of the cryptocurrency derivatives market in Q3 2020 reaches $ 2.7 trillion.
- In 2016, BitMEX launched a Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract. The Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract has no expiry date and is anchored in the spot market througha funding rate mechanism. At a time when cryptocurrency transaction risk events frequently occurred, Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contråact won the favor of many users.
- Cryptocurrency practitioners continue to optimize and improve the structural framework of Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract, and increase mechanisms such as stepped margins to ensure the security of contract transactions and to imporve the user experience of Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract.
- TokenInsight data shows that the daily trading volume of Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract reached $ 26.6 billion on November 27, a record high. Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract accounted for 49.3% of the market share of perpetual contracts.
- Since September 2020, the top three exchanges with cumulative transaction volume of Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract are: Huobi, BitMEX, and Bybit. Binance launched the BTC Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract for less than 4 months, and its weekly transaction volume ranked fifth in the market.
- The inverse contract has a price convexity. When investors buy a inverse perpetual contract to short, they will get a certain amount of profit protection.
- Comparing the transaction fees of the exchanges, BitMEX and Bybit have a negative commission rate for maker orders, which is extremely friendly. The trading platform is willing to liquidity providers a certain amount of compensation. Binance's taker fee rate is the best, only 0.040%.
- The Coin-margined Perpetual Futures Contract still uses cryptocurrency such as BTC and ETH as the main targets. The cryptocurrency exchange still has a lot of room for improvement in user protection and product innovation.
- The cryptocurrency trading platform will continue to innovate products, and derivatives will become the main growth point of the cryptocurrency trading platform.
For the English version of the Report, please click the click below.
Use TokenInsight App