- $13.8 trillion: annual spot exchanges trading volume
- 48.29%: BTC trading volume
- Twice: the total trading volume of ETH is twice that of EOS
- 0.78: Correlation between spot trading volume and BTC price trend
- 82%: The top 40 exchanges ranked by total annual trading volume accounted for 82% of the entire trading market (254 exchanges); the rankings of exchanges changes a lot within the year, and the wash trading amount still cannot be underestimated.
- 18%: of 227 exchanges surveyed support USD deposits
- 0.01%: The trading volume of decentralized exchanges only accounts for 0.01% of the entire market, and the industry as a whole is still under developed.
- 12 Countries/Regions: have a positive attitude towards digital assets
- 28%: Following a 28% decline in trading volume in the fourth quarter, the market is forecast to continue to be depressed, and the spot exchange industry may continue to be under pressure.
- In the fourth quarter of 2019, the top three exchanges with independent visitors were Binance, Coinbase Pro, and Upbit. The United States, South Korea, and Russia are the three countries with the most significant monthly average number of independent users on industry-wide exchanges.
- The layout of the exchange industry is targeted at the United States and Europe; various types of fiat currencies also have access to gold in market segment exchanges, and the threshold for digital asset allocation has significantly reduced in 2019.
- Benefiting from exchanges' product characteristics, especially its profit model, exchange-based tokens have relatively dazzling performance in 2019. Still, the value will return in the second half of the year. If the mainstream digital assets such as BTC cannot open a new round of bull market in 2020, exchange-based tokens may continue to decline due to the shrinkage.
READ MORE ABOUT...
ExchangeAnnual ReportSpot Trading
The report is based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight Inc. does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The report had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any cryptocurrencies (tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight Inc. will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of the reports to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
TokenInsight Inc. takes its due diligence to ensure the report provides a true and fair view without potential influences of any third parties. There is no association between TokenInsight Inc. and the subject referred in the report which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the report.
Trading and investing in cryptocurrencies (tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should fully aware the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight Inc.