- The cryptocurrency market will see a stronger move in 2020, coupled with multiple halving events in the space, solidifying the market foundation for a bull market
- The 3rd halving should have a limited impact on the price of Bitcoin in the short term but will have a positive impact in the long run
- Bitcoin dominance will see a reasonable decline followed by an Alts bull run to distribute the market in a more healthy way
- Ethereum will see strong growth in network value backed by DeFi movement, stablecoins and the growth of the Web 3.0 applications
- DeFi will continue its pace in 2020 but will start to focus more on the integration of value added components, such as Oracle, DAOs, etc
- Non-fungible tokens will see a sharp increase in market interest combining with the current DeFi solutions to bring a unique value to the cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Smart contract platforms will still be dominated by Ethereum, others will see a reasonable growth
- Lightning network will continue its growth, other secondary layer technologies will also have their own market positions
- Privacy technologies will realise some of its value in 2020
- Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum will see the initial integrations of privacy layers, namely Taproot/Schnorr, Mimble-Wimble Protocol and AZTEC Protocol respectively to enable privacy on 3 of the top 10 projects by market cap
- An increasing number of traditional financial institutions will step into the stablecoins market to explore business opportunities
- ICO & IEO market will remain relatively dormant, but high-quality projects will spark market interests
- STO still will not be the mainstream in 2020, but the market will see decent growth
- Following a 28% decline in trading volume in the fourth quarter, the cryptocurrency spot market is forecast to continue to be depressed for the first quarter of 2020, and the spot exchange industry may continue to be pressured
- It is expected that the total volume of the cryptocurrency derivatives trading will reach more than twice than spot trading volume in 2020
- More cloud mining products will be launched targeting at the broader market
- Altcoin mining and staking will gain strong market attention, and mining pools will start to integrate Altcoin PoW & PoS mining and staking to differentiate their services
- Filecoin will launch its mainnet in 2020, it is overvalued at least based on the current market condition
- Diversified financial products will be launched in 2020, paving the way of fierce competition
- The industry will see an increasing regulatory oversight, but most will be healthy and progressive
- More central bank digital currency projects will be initiated to explore the potential of blockchain technology
- Libra project as a pioneer will most likely be launched. Other will continue the path of Libra even it failed
READ MORE ABOUT...
ExchangeAnnual ReportBitcoinBlockchain Industry
The report is based on public sources considered to be reliable, but TokenInsight Inc. does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The report had been prepared for informative purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a recommendation to purchase, hold, or sell any cryptocurrencies (tokens) or to engage in any investment activities. Any opinions or expressions herein reflect a judgment made as of the date of publication, and TokenInsight Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or amend its acknowledgment at any time in its sole discretion. TokenInsight Inc. will periodically or irregularly track the subjects of the reports to determine whether to adjust the acknowledgement and will publish them in a timely manner.
TokenInsight Inc. takes its due diligence to ensure the report provides a true and fair view without potential influences of any third parties. There is no association between TokenInsight Inc. and the subject referred in the report which would harm the objectivity, independence, and impartiality of the report.
Trading and investing in cryptocurrencies (tokens) may involve significant risks including price volatility and illiquidity. Investors should fully aware the potential risks and are not to construe the content of the report as the only information for investment activities. None of the products or TokenInsight Inc, nor any of its authors or employees shall be liable to any party for its direct or indirect losses alleged to have been suffered on account thereof.
All rights reserved to TokenInsight Inc.